1. It doesn't really matter if your butt jiggles while you run. It just doesn't.
2. Its ok to spend a lot of money on good shoes. They will keep you running far longer than crappy ones.
3. Tying your laces in double knots is a good idea. Then they won't come undone and you won't have to stop to tie them again.
4. Its ok to stop and rest. Even if everyone else around you is still running, it is ok for you to stop and rest.
5. You never have to go farther than feels good for you.
6. But you can go farther if you want to. It might be fun to see where you can go.
7. Even when you just take one more step than you did yesterday, it is still farther.
8. Progress can sometimes be hard to find, but if you just keep going pretty soon you can look back and see how far you have come.
9. Eventually what is hard to run today will feel easy to run.
10. Races are fun.
11. Races are easier when you train from them.
12. Running with people can help you go faster.
13. Some days it is fun to push yourself. Some days it isn't.
14. Working for a long time for something and then achieving it, is priceless.
(Let me know if you think of any more.)