Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Just Be

I sit surrounded by thick air
Looking out from behind my eyes
Seeing the world from a distance
My arms don't want to move
Nothing wants to move
All heavy
The world blurs
Hard to see clearly
Hard to see at all
The song plays over and over
The sounds slip into my consciousness
I'm here tonight while the stars are blacking out
Hard to hear clearly
Just hard
The music stirs the river in my heart
... the water keeps on falling from my eyes
I let it all just be
I sit and be
Letting the heavy drown
No need for air
Deep inside of me

3 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

are you sniffing diesel, too?

Julie said...

I really do like the comparison of the outer body to your inner feelings. Isn't it crazy how they can be almost working at polar opposites. Your body not wanting to move yet your emotions being stirred up and released though tears. Again I thank you for being willing to open up and be vulnerable with us all.

AmandaS said...

I love your peotry :0)