Friday, May 1, 2009

The Other Half

Guess what I did this morning. No, really. Guess. Ok, I will tell you. I decided that I wanted to run a half marathon in October. (Wendy has a goofy grin on her face.) Decided so much so that I even signed up for it, payed the 70 bucks and am officially going to get the t-shirt!

It is called The Other Half. It is in Moab. In October. It will be gorgeous. All I have to do is increase my mileage by 2 miles every month from now until then. I can do that. Green smoothies here I come.

You all are welcome to go camping down there on that weekend and cheer me on. :)

2 comments:

Lia said...

Good job, you! I'm so impressed. You can totally do this. And someday it will the ultimate marathon . . .

Summer said...

I think I will camp out in my backyard, dye my broom red, stand it upside down in a running shoe, and cheer you on in effigy.

And you know what? I am SO sick of people who can't take a little resistance. People who back down at the first sign of trouble. I'm sick to death of wimps who don't know their own minds well enough to stand in one place longer than the five minutes it takes to nudge them in the opposite direction. They call themselves peacemakers. But really they're just people who don't get anything done. There's a difference.

K- I'm done. Hope you don't mind... your post was just totally related to what was on my mind. ;D